VISIT NANOVEA AT ICMCTF THIS MONTH!
ICMCTF 2014, Visit the Nanovea booth to learn more about this months application notes below. To be held at the The Town and Country Hotel in San Diego, California. Learn more
VISIT NANOVEA AT CONTROL 2014 NEXT MONTH!
As the world’s leading trade fair for quality assurance, Control brings together users from all over the world with the international market leaders and innovative suppliers of all QA related technologies, products, subsystems and complete solutions in hard and software. To be held at the The Stuttgart Exhibition Center in Stuttgart, Germany. Learn more
Bio-Tribology of Endocardial Leads in Hanks’ Solution
In this study, we simulated and compared the nan friction and wear behaviors of endocardial pacing leads made of different materials, in Hanks Solution, using the Nanovea Mechanical and Tribometer, respectively.
Step Height Measurement of Printed Electrodes
In this application the Nanovea ST400 Profilometer is used to measure printed electrodes on a flexible ceramic sheet. The area measured was large enough that it could be extrapolated to make assumptions about a much larger surface. Height and lateral dimensions will be measured to characterize the rectangular features on these samples.
Here are examples of materials we tested this month:
• Nanoindentation puncture of film
• Nanoindentation compression of micro features
• Nanofriction in liquid of medical lead
• Microindentation hardness testing of rock
• Microscratch of dlc coatings
• Microscratch of commercial coating
3D Non-Contact Profilometry:
• Roughness of micro machined parts
• Texture of fabric
• Finish “Orange Peel” of coatings
• Topography of corroded steel
• Flatness of gold plated wafers
• Wear testing of dlc coatings
• Wear testing ptfe coatings